You've made it!
The award for BEST DRESSED at Coachella goes to this guy!
He said that he bought this sweet Tee for seven dollars online. Darth Vader is in his element rowin' down some rapids. Or is he rowin after some of the good guys? A truly interesting/puzzling/epic shirt.
For those of you who don't know, Coachella Music Festival is the 3-day, craziest gathering of music lovers, ever. It's super expensive and everyone always dresses their best. There are seriously "Coachella themed" promotions/sales at the forever 21's and other retailers in Socal. It takes place in the desert so everyone in in bootie shorts, if that because it's crazy hot. And the performers are always legendary, and they always bring out surprise guest stars! For Example, This year during Pharrel's set Jay Z, Mary J. Blidge and Gwen Stafany all performed some raps.
This post is dedicated to the non profit group, Global Inheritance. They set up a solar powered arcade, all these artsy recycling bins (You seriously put your water bottle into the Pirana Plant's mouth!! How neat!), and a store where you can trade in your plastic water bottles for shirts or posters. A very fun idea, especially! since there were 200,000 people and PILES of trash when everyone left. They seriously had a tractor scoopin all the plastic up when everyone went home. It was too dusty to get a photo, but it looked just like this..
So i googled "tractor hauling water bottles" and I found endless pictures of water bottles with tractors on them. I thought i'd share.
So thank you Global Inheritance, for moving Coachella to be more green #savingnature
Check them out on their website below!
Anyways, Coachella Trend Time! I'd like to point out some of the new and exciting fashion trends of this year's Coachella..
1. Shorts where your cheeks show- it's been trending the last 3 coachellas, not a new trend but still strongly trending
2. Geometric colorful print shirts- lovely 90's and even some 80's retro geo prints all about
2.5 "Vintage" or neon Hawaiin T-shirts- the men of coachella all looked like they were vacationing in the psychedelic 70's
3. Metallic temporary tattoos- I was very amazed. They turn out really nicely.
4. Rediculous steampunk-ish eyewear- The trend is circular almost peculiar-looking glasses, but they look steam punk to me
5. Those God Damn flower headpieces- Unless you use real flowers, or have a headpiece with creative flare. I am not a fan!
6. Matching bottoms and tops- Plant patterns mostly, but also some geo and vintage inspired patterns. I'm a sucker for these babies.
And then there was everything from hippy to gothic to raver bunnies, to onesies and back to bohemian.
I found these pictures on instagram, google, pinterest, facebook and tumblr. I took some of these and my friends took some as well. Enjoy!
You've found my blog!